Apparel Entrepreneurs Resources
Knowledge is king. Resources are optional. In this page, I have shared useful links for the apparel entrepreneurs resources to enhance their technical know-how and connecting to the other businesses in the global apparel supply chain.
Entrepreneurs resources: Recommended BooksFollowing books are very useful to understand the apparel business, raw material, business insights and business process. You can read these books to enhance your knowledge and build confidence in running your business with continuous growth.
- Clothing Technology: ... from fibre to fashion by Europa A must-read book for those who are new to the apparel industry. In this book, you will learn basic from fibre to fashion. This is a good book for fashion students who need an overview of various processes, technical terms etc.
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing by Kathleen Fasanella A must-read book for those who want to start a clothing line and start a business in garment manufacturing.
- Managing productivity in the Apparel Industry by Rejesh Bheda This book provides productivity data in the apparel industry and explains step by step guide to improve productivity.
- Introduction to Work Study by ILO edited by George Kanawaty 4th Edition, A must-read book for work-study officers and Industrial Engineers.
- Introduction to Clothing Production Management, 2nd Edition by A. J. Chuter
- Industrial engineering in apparel production by Ramesh Babu
- Apparel Manufacturing: Sewn Product Analysis, 4th Edition
- Industrial Engineering in Apparel Manufacturing: Practitioner's Handbook by Prabir Jana and Manoj Tiwari
- eBooks on Fabrics by Priyank Goyal
- eBook on performance measuring tools by Mausmi Ambastha
- Check My Books - I have published some books having eBook versions and the printed version.
Software and Technology for Sewn Product EntrepreneursAfter setting up the manufacturing business, you will feel the need for the technology and software. In the age of IoT, Digitalization, cannot run your business smoothly without the aid of software technology. In the apparel industry, advancement is done in many areas. In the below, I have provided links to useful software that you might be required for your business.
- CAD systems for pattern making, grading, marker making, fabric consumption calculation
- Sewing Machine brands for setting the manufacturing business
- ERP systems for apparel manufacturing
- Software to establish garment SAM: List of tools/software to measure actual SMV of apparel products, estimate labor cost.
- Production planning software for apparel manufacturing companies. Fastreact provides highly visual capacity planning and management tool.
- Leadtec An RFID based real-time shop floor production monitoring system. This technology helps you to capture individual operator production data, lost time data, incentive amount, line status in terms of balancing.
Useful Lists of the service providers, Supplier, and Buyers
- Textile Testing Labs for testing fabric and garment quality standard. Testing is required for ensuring the apparel product quality.
- List of useful Blogs and Websites (need to update this page)
- List of apparel brands - A list of 200 plus international apparel brands
- List of garment manufacturers in India
- List of apparel consultants - You can contact us for the apparel consultants' contact details
Important sites, Organisations
- Apparel Export Promotion Council
- National Productivity Council
- ASTM D13 on Textiles
- Textile/Clothing Technology Corporation [TC2]
- Philip Crosby Associates
- American Apparel and Footwear Association
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP), USA
- Better Work