To control fabric shrinkage and other problems like peeling, bubbles etc. occurred due to fusing process to certain garment components, following SOP (Standard operating procedures) must be followed. This SOP is used by garment manufacturer.
Fusing-Study of Fusing Shrinkage
- Cut fabric swatches with square template of size 18” X18”(or 12”x 12”)
- Fuse the fabric & specified interlining at specified temperature, pressure & time.
- Allow for cooling of the fused parts.
- Check for fusing shrinkage and record same ---incorporate shrinkage into the patterns “as allowance for fusing”.
- Check for shade variation if any due to fusing. If you observe any shade variation, report to the Cutting In Charge and initiate corrective action.
- Check the fusing for defects like – peel off, bubbles etc. Inform deviations/defects if any to the concerned for necessary corrective action.
- QA team has to educate/specify area of fusing, and temperature and pressure to be set for fusing-
- Fusing tests must be carried out twice a day, once at the start of the machine then in the afternoon
- Fusing validation trial tests must be carried out regularly, when the new style begins fusing parameters has to be finalised (temperature, time & pressure).
- Check the fusing machine pressure rollers nip, affecting the fusing quality, by passing a fabric strip through the machine & by pulling it backward --the need for re alignment of the rollers pressure can be identified when this is done at three points i.e left/center/right of the belt.
- By passing a carbon paper placed on top a white paper through the machine the impression on the white paper can be observed. This would also will help us to determine any inconsistence of the roller pressure at left, center or right
- Cleaning of the belt thoroughly and check for the required temperature and pressure when the fabric/colour changes.