Garment washing is normally done after stitching. According to fashion trend and customer demand buyers ask for garment washing. For the washing apparel buyers mention exactly what types of washing they need for the order. For example, Tom Tailor buyer asked for washes like – Vintage wash, Cloud wash, softener wash or Acid wash. Each wash has different types of appearance on the fabric surfaces. Wash types mainly depends on the product types. For denim product heavy enzyme is required where for knitted Tee light softener wash may be okay.
The primary objects of garment washing is
- To remove starch that applied during fabric manufacturing.
- To soften the garment hand feel and improve bulkiness
- To remove dirt, spots, oil stains that accumulate to garment at the garment manufacturing processes.
- To remove chemicals used during printing process and embroidery process
- Washed clothes can be worn directly after purchasing
- To give faded look or any other color tinted look to the garment.
- To stabilise garment shrinkage and dimensional instability
- Heavy enzyme or Vintage Wash: Vintage means old look. To get the old or used appearance garments are washed inside washing machine with enzymes. Fleece sweat shirt are washed with heavy enzyme.
- Cloud wash: Cloud wash gives appearance of white patches on the garment surface that looks like cloud in the sky.
- Stone wash: To get faded look on the garment surface white stone are used with enzymes during washing. During washing fabric come in contact with stones and by rubbing color fades. Stone wash generally used for denim product washing.
- Acid wash: For acid wash, base color of the garment taken out by spraying acid on the specified areas.