Computer Aided Design (CAD) becomes an essential tool for pattern making and related jobs in garment industry. In apparel industry CAD Software is used for pattern making, Grading of pattern, marker making and digitizing manual patterns.
There are number of CAD software suppliers who have developed CAD systems. But only few names are popular in fashion industry. Widely used CAD systems in the apparel industry are listed below.
- AccuMark Pattern Design Software by Gerber Technology:
- CAD.Assyst by Human Solution Assyst AVM
- Modaris by Lectra Systems
- Optitex Pattern Design software by Optitex
- TUKAcad by Tukateck Inc.
- Fashion Cad by Cad Cam Solutions Australia Pty. Ltd
- SDS-ONE APEX3 from Shima Seiki
- PAD System
- GT CAD by Genuine Technology and Research Limited
|Image courtesy: Optitex|