Apparel entrepreneurs resources
- Clothing Technology: ... from fibre to fashion by Europa A must read book for those who are new to apparel industry. In this book you will learn basic from fibre to fashion. This is a good book for fashion students who need overview of various processes, technical terms etc.
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing by Kathleen Fasanella A must read book for those who want to start clothing line and start business in garment manufacturing.
- Managing productivity in the Apparel Industry by Rejesh Bheda This book provides productivity data in the apparel industry and explains step by step guide to improve productivity.
- Introduction to Work Study by ILO edited by George Kanawaty 4th Edition, A must read book for work study officers and Industrial Engineers.
- Introduction to Clothing Production Management, 2nd Edition by A. J. Chuter
- Industrial engineering in apparel production by Ramesh Babu
- Apparel Manufacturing: Sewn Product Analysis, 4th Edition
Software and Technology for Sewn Product Entrepreneurs
- intellocut A material planning and optimization software for sewn product industry. intellocut helps entrepreneurs to save fabrics, improve cutting room productivity and many other ways.
- SewEasy: A tool to measure actual SMV of apparel products, estimate labor cost.
- FastReact: Production planning software for apparel manufacturing companies. Fastreact provides highly visual capacity planning and management tool.
- Leadtec An RFID based real time shop floor production monitoring system. This technology helps you to capture individual operator production data, lost time data, incentive amount, line status in terms of balancing.
- Line balancing: A Line balancing tool that helps Industrial Engineers to increase production with available set of operators and machines.
Important sites, Organisations
- Apparel Export Promotion Council
- National Productivity Council
- ASTM D13 on Textiles
- Textile/Clothing Technology Corporation [TC2]
- Philip Crosby Associates
- American Apparel and Footwear Association
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP), USA
- Better Work