Home > Quality Control
It is very important that as a quality controller you should know what exactly QC's do in the other companies. Responsibility may be vary organisation to organisation but main job functions are almost same. Job responsibilities of the quality control team in the garment manufacturing are explained in the following paragraphs.
- Setting quality standards for the factory following buyer’s requirements and guidance for each departments and processes.
- Establish SOPs for production and preparatory processes to get right first time quality from each process. Develop MIS for quality measurement and recording quality.
- When established quality standards are there in a company they need to follow and control the factory quality standard.
- Monitor the quality of the product through the various stages of production.
- Train newly hired quality personnel on company quality policies and how to use quality tools.
- Auditing inward fabric and trims and ensuring only quality goods are accepted.
- Involvement in product development and sampling stage and take care of quality aspects of samples.
- Ensure that no faulty fabric is sent for cutting. If minor fault are present in the fabric, defects should be marked on the fabric and same thing must be communicated to cutting department.
- Preparing audit report of the fabric and trims quality.
- Conducting pre-production meeting before production start.
- Perform in - line inspection and end-of-line inspection in sewing floor.
- Perform inline inspection, pre-final audit and final inspection in finishing department.
- Audit of the packed goods prior to offering shipment to buyer QA.
- Responsible for analysis quality reports and prepare improvement plan.
- Ensuring the right quality of the outward garment by conducting quality audits in manufacturing process.
|Prasanta Sarkar is a garment industry expert and founder of Online Clothing Study. He is a NIFT alumni and a Textile Engineer. He worked as Production Planner, Industrial Engineer in garment export house. He also worked as a consultant in the garment manufacturing industry. He helps garment businesses to grow. He regularly writes articles for fashion magazines on technical topics.|